By Tracey Brown
No doubt you brought the year in with a bang, so why not go out with equal impact? For some, New Year’s Eve Partying is non-stop — music, dancing and drinking. For others, the evening may be more intimate, with dinner and a toast to the New Year. Either way, here are some makeup tips to help you sparkle and shine as you bring in the New Year.
For the party girl who plans to get her groove on way past midnight, makeup longevity is vital. Not only is long lasting makeup of importance important, but application is of prime importance too.
Everyone can start with the basics:
1. 1. Prep skin well with an oil free moisturizer.
2. 2. Prime skin for long-wearing makeup.
3. 3. Apply foundation for perfectly even skin.
- Keep it light, only applying to areas that need coverage -- under eyes, around nose and mouth. Feather out to cheeks.
- If you are oily, set with mattifying powder.
- Use: Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation.
Put the emphasis on lips or eyes.
For eye drama:
1. Use a two-step punch for dramatic eyes.
- First line top of lashes and inner rim with black waterproof eyeliner.
- Use Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero.
- Smudge into lash line.
- Apply a shimmery metallic eye shadow from lash line to crease.
- Try Black Radiance Black Radiance Mineral Shimmers Eye Shadow.
2. Finish with LOTS of waterproof mascara. Try L’Oreal Voluminous Waterproof mascara.
3. Apply a nude lip gloss with slight shimmer. Try Revlon 520 Unlimited Nectar Colorstay Mineral Lipgloss
(a la Megan Fox)
1. Keep eyes simple and clean.
- Apply a taupe or bronze shimmer shadow from lash line to crease.
- Use Smashbox Eyelights Palette in Smoke box.
- Apply taupe shimmer from lash to lid.
- Apply ivory shimmer on brow bone.
- Smudge a thin line of black into lash line.
- No liner on lower lash line.
- Apply mascara.
2. Make lips the focal point! Use a bright long-wearing color. Colors to try:
Clinique Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick Merlot
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl (siren red) or Damned (magenta)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Alarm (red)
Milani Velvet Lips in Red Carpet (orange red)
CoverGirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor in Natural Blush (wine)
Final tips for long lasting makeup:
- Set Eyebrows, eyeliner and lipcolor. Try BeneFit She Laq. Makeup won’t bdge!
- Carry blotting papers for touch-up. Try Boscia Blotting Linens.